Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wish List 2011 – The Ultimate Gift Guide…;) [on going]

I think this dress is by a brand called Fluo. I first saw this dress at Style Exchange for 80 bucks, except it was in a nude pink colour instead of this lovely royal blue. It was love at first sight with this dress! It hugged my curves really well, and made my legs look extremely long. It was sexy, but still retains the feminine and sophisticated touch that I’m always obsessed with. I was sold, almost instantly, on the idea that I MUST own this dress, but the price point made it difficult for me to decide whether I should get it.
Sam introduced me to this dress again on Ruche. This time, it’s marked at HALF the original price and in this STUNNING royal blue shade!
I am in LOVE! =)
$38.99USFound at: http://www.shopruche.com/debonair-wear-ruffle-dress-in-royal-blue-p-8179.html





It’s interesting to see 2 blue pieces appear at the top of my wish-list (considering the fact that I’m probably not the biggest fan of the colour in the world,) but I was captured the second I saw this dress. I’m not the slimmest girl in the world (heck! I’m not even close,) but I’ve always loved the feel of maxi dresses! I searched high and low this summer for the perfect maxi dress, but was no where near finding something that even raised my interest in the slightest way…Until this of course!
I loved the fact that this dress is more of an empire waist (sort of,) and it drapes STRAIGHT down without any cinches or gatherings, that would possibly emphasize the curviness of mine in a dress that shoots to avoid any kind of roundness on the body. It’s really flowy, and kind of reminds me of an ancient Greek Goddess robe maybe???
Very impressed!
$42.99USFound at: http://www.shopruche.com/knot-giving-up-maxi-dress-in-cobalt-p-6608.html
p.s. check out the details of the shoulder straps gathering at the back! =D





This would be the result of my lately developed strange obsession with Aritzia. Not that I didn’t like the brand before, but it hard to like it very much when it honestly is quite expensive! However, I’ve just not been able to stay away. I have, lately, been very found of the quality, and style of their clothing and what it does to my body!
This particular shirt is a very good example of the struggle that I have between loving the stuff, and not wanting to buy. This is a piece that could make anybody look soft and sophisticated. It will pretty much match and go with anything you throw together with it. It is 100% silk, and hence the incredible price of almost $100!!
$98.00CADFound at: any Aritzia store or (http://aritzia.com/fashion/tops/becca-blouse)






Yet another simple, plain piece of art! I know, I know, I’ve been stuck in the realm of pinks and nudes and everything neutral, but lets face it: neutrals are the way to go in this busy hectic time of ours. Just because they’re so easy to pair and so easy to throw together, you can never go wrong with them! With people these days being so demanding and judgemental about how their peers or even strangers on the street dresses, neutrals definitely provide the easy way out!
I really like how lose this shirt is. It’s very structured and versatile. I can just picture wearing this in the summer as a plain tank, or in the winter matching it with a cardigan or a blazer!
Killing 2 birds with the same stone!
$35.99USFound at: http://www.shopruche.com/blushing-oasis-sleeveless-top-p-8304.html





I used to not believe in this blasted culture of NARS products and their provocative names, that seem suggest anything BUT makeup…well I used to anyway…until the day I got my hands on my first NARS blush. It was all downhill from there.
I wanted, for the longest time, to find a substitute that would void me from the need to admit defeat to this cult product. After discovering the wonderfulness of the brand though, I’ve just realized and accepted the fact that it’s probably just going to be MUCH easier to close my eyes and hand over the money.  This way, I’ll get EXACTLY what I want, and at the same time, in return I’ll get a product that’s worth my money!

$38.00CADFound at: any Sephora store or (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12790&categoryId=C10476)







This. This right here, is suppose to be my bible. This is suppose to be my life saver, and this is suppose to be THE product that would solve ALL of my skin concerns ever! This is the new Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator.
Despite the fact that the Advanced Night Repair that the whole world was crazy over didn’t really do much of what I wanted it to do for my skin, I still would like to try this supposed “miracle” product. I was told that it should visibly reduce sun damage, unevenness, blotchiness, redness and everything uneven with the skin in just a matter of TWO weeks! (EVERYTHING that’s wrong with my skin!!) It’s at a reasonable price of $100 for about 1.7oz. (trust me, this is reasonable compared to some of the other things out there *ahem Lancome and Guerlain!*)
Hard to believe…I know. But worth a try!
$100.00CAD
Found at: The Bay, Sears or(http://www.esteelauder.com/evenskintone/face.tmpl)





For the longest time, I thought this baby here was a waste of money. Until that one night, at Sam's apartment, when I'd actually dipped a finger into it and used it on myself, had I realized how WRONG I was...

The shadows were CREAMY and SMOOTH and so easily blendable! Not to mention my undying love for the 24/7 pencils!! Even though the Canadian pricing of these are completely RIDICULOUS I'd still like to think that it's all worth it =)

$58.00CAD
Found at: Sephora or http://www.sephora.com


to be continued…

2 comments:

#1. the top you want is on sale for $40 @ Aritzia now.
#2. my aunt has access to the estee lauder thing u want and gave me samples. remind me to pack you some to give to you when we meet up.

xoxo elle xx

Haha yoo the aritzia top is only 40 on selected colours!!! Please and thank youfor the samples!!!! =D

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More