Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

ELF again!


I’ve only recently did a very small purchase at www.eyeslipsface.com

For a while, I was very distant to the whole make-up “community” for reasons such as school and work, and I had no CLUE that ELF launched a line of brushes for their mineral makeup sets.

When I saw these brushes online, I fell INSTANTLY in love with them, and right there and then I decided that I needed to get them.

For the amount that they were priced at, they looked to be very promising; not only did the design of the brushes look great, but the bristle looked extremely soft!

I finally got these purchases today, and when I touched the brush I knew, that it was completely worth the $5 spent!!

Do you remember when you first bought your ELF studio brushes (if you have them,) how soft the bristles were, and how satisfied you felt with your purchase because this was truly WORTH the money spent?? Well, let me tell you, these new mineral line brushes give you the same feeling…times that by 1000.

It honestly took me about half a day to get over the astonishment of how such good quality can be found for such a reasonable price!!

Here is to show you a picture of the powder brush that I got:

DSC01511 It is GORGEOUS!!

Along with this, I also purchased a small eyeliner brush, and a blending eye brush – both of which I will upload pictures for, at a later time.

However, despite my excitement about these AWESOME brushes, I was EXTREMELY disappointed with the 2 mineralized blushes that I bought, and specifically I was annoyed at the fact, that the colours of the blushes were NOT RIGHT!

I ordered 2 blushes: “Coral” and “Rose”

On their website, “Coral” is a very vibrant red with orange undertones, which is what a true coral colour would be like, while “Rose” is a softer version of a fuscia pink. (pictures below)

Coral(Coral)

Coral 
(Rose)

When I got the products, I was actually SHOCKED at how inaccurate the colour depiction on their website is!!!

The “Rose” colour turned out to be a very CORAL colour, while the actual “Coral” (or as it claims to be,) is no doubt a PEACH colour!! In fact, the “Coral” is so peach, that it practically is the same shade as my natural skin colour.
DSC01512DSC01515 DSC01522DSC01514DSC01518 DSC01520DSC01519

The “Rose” colour is very closely related to their Studio line blush in “candid coral” (again, it’s more a coral than a rose) and their “Coral” is almost a duplicate of their Studio line blush in “Peechy Keen” (see?? peach!!)DSC01523 DSC01524 L: Coral  R:Rose
(no I did not make a mistake!!-.-!!)

I don’t know whether this was a mistake in the packaging of these products, and was mixed up in the process, or it was a serious mistake in the website’s pictures, either way, I am frustrated and upset by this, because after all, I paid $5 for them!!

They each contained 6oz. of products, which initially on the website, I thought they were the same size as the Bare Esscentual ones, but in reality they were MUCH smaller!!

DSC01517

The reviews on the website also had a lot of problems with WRONG colours, or bad pigmentation…

I used to think highly of ELF, but now it’s really making me doubt their abilities to MAINTAIN their standards and consistency in terms of their quality of products and CUSTOMER SERVICE (did you know that ELF now charges a custom fee which they didn’t before~?!?~ O.O)

Anyway, I have some mixed feelings about the order this time. I will maybe be ordering some more brushes soon, but as for makeup products, I think I’ll need a bit of time to recover from this before I buy anything else.

Long review, lots of rambles, hope it was entertaining!

That’s it for now!

3 comments:

custom fees aren't maintained by the company itself, its processed and charged individually @ the border when they cross into canada. there's a large variability in custom charges and it just really depends who was evaluating your package that day.usualy u don't get it but sometimes u get unlucky. when i ordered elf i didn't get a custom charge. and same thing happened when i did various other ebay purchases. some had some didn't even from the same seller.

but that sucks about the blushes :\

i'm actually trying to stray away from online purchases and possibly drugstore. because although its a steal, most likely you get what you pay for (look at retail not sale/warehouse price ;D)

but i still want the elf brushes cause they are very worthwhile!

lol sam..actually they charge a FLAT custom fee now...no matter what you get, and how much you get, as long as you need to cross a border...you get charged...we found this out when we ordered...they didn't do that before, like we only got charged 10 bucks when we ordered like 150+ and you pay when you get your package...but now, you pay for it regardless....><

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More