Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Confessions of a true FOUNDATION freak!!

 

I’M SICK AND TIRED OF THE FOUNDATIONS THAT I OWN!!!!!

(Revlon Colourstay – crappy formula and texture, Clinique Superbalanced Makeup – crappy coverage and texture, L’oreal True Match – crappy texture and the WRONG shade for me right now)

I’ve gotten so PALE over the winter that most of my foundations don’t fit my skin properly anymore!! (eeeek!!) Right now I’m in the range of about NC/NW20. The reason why I say NC/NW is because my fairness is also washing out my yellowness….which makes it hard because for MAC colour coding because they don’t have neutral tones!!

Since all my foundations don’t really fit me anymore, I decided that it was time to CLEAN EVERYTHING OUT and bring some new things in!! As they say in Chinese…if the old doesn’t go, the new doesn’t come!

------------------------------------------------------

I’ve been foundation hunting for a while now, and let me tell you all…it is HARRRRRRRD!!!

I’m looking for a foundation that is FULL coverage (and I mean FULLLLLLLL coverage,) something that is creamy in texture, and HYDRATES my skin all day long!!! (since I’ve gone DRY combination instead of normal combination!! O.O)

I’m looking more towards the higher end of the makeup spectrum because I feel like my investment would pay off better. I figured if I get something a bit more expensive, I’d actually use it a lot as opposed to me getting something from the drugstore and letting it sit there after like 2 uses (if I know myself well enough, I’m for sure going to do that…>.>) and plus I think the department store ones are for sure better in quality!!

-------------------------------------------------------

My picks so far:

1) Make Up For Ever [Mat Velvet +]

 

this is definitely a FULL coverage foundation; when I swatched it on my hand, it was somewhat dry, but it’s nothing that a little moisturizing can’t fix! It covered pretty much all of the colour of my veins that was peering out from underneath the skin, and it just gave a creamy finish that I couldn’t resist trying!!

 

2) Laura Mercier [Silk Creme Foundation]

The INSTANT that I spread this on the back of my hands that I knew I was in LOOOOVE!!! This foundation is UNBLIEVABLY smooth and silky on the skin and the BEST part is that it didn’t feel DRY or powdery after it settled into the skin!! I was astonished to feel my hand really SMOOTH even with the incredible coverage that pretty much diminished EVERYTHING that was on the back of my hands!!!

 

3) Channel [Pro Lumiere Foundation]

Another foundation that I went head over heels for!!! When this was applied to the back of my hand I actually did a chocking little cry and my voice cracked all over…this made Sam and the counter lady LOL…but it was astonishing!!! The formula felt SOOO hydrating on the back of my hand, and it was a very unusual texture for a foundation…usually for foundations when you spread it out, you can feel the powderiness of the foundation no matter how creamy the foundation really is; Pro Lumiere, when I was spreading it out on my hand, I did NOT feel that at ALL!! It worked basically like a moisturizer, BUT with a medium to full coverage!!! O.O It certain wasn’t as full as Laura Mercier or the MUFE…but defintiely buildable!!

 

4) Estee Lauder [Double Wear Foundation]

This one claims to be a full coverage foundation, but I think it’s probably a medium to full buildable coverage. I originally wanted to try the Double Wear Maximum Coverage BUT AS ALWAYS IT WASN’T AVAILABLE IN CANADA!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! The texture of this is REALLY light and smooth on the skin however, and I think it’s very hydrating as well…

 

5) MAC [Pro Long Wear Foundation]

 

The coverage is pretty full from swatching on the back of my hand, but as ALWAYS, this is the typical MAC formula and it’s just very DRY…I wanted something from MAC really, because I LOOOOVE their powder foundation…but it seems their liquid foundation just is never good for drier skins!!! I wanted to try the Face and Body foundation but that one is very sheer and definitely doesn’t have the coverage that I need.

 

6) Lancome [Teint Miracle Foundation]

While the texture feels very liquidy and light and smooth, I have a feeling that it’s not going to be able to provide me with the kind of coverage that I’m looking for! Plus, I’ve noticed that there was a little shimmer in the foundation and I absolutely HATE shimmer in foundations!! So I’m going to see how this one goes…O.O

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve gotten samples of ALL of these foundations that I want to try, and will be testing them out in the next little while to see which one I like the most!

I have a feeling though…that I will end up buying the Laura Mercier and the Channel one!! O.O and perhaps even the Estee Lauder Foundation…..(EEEEK I NEED A JOB ASAP!! T.T)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ll also bee keeping a “Foundation Diary” series, where I will upload what the foundation looks like on my skin, and the swatches etc. and compile a list of review and pros and cons…

Hopefully that will be helpful to everyone one day….>.>

 

Anyway, that’s all that I have to blab about..@.@

Thanks all for reading! =D

2 comments:

you kinda freaked out with the LM foundation XD but more so the chanel one XDDDDDD

i must point out that SA was VERY VERY VERY nice. her name was lisa. (Y) props to her! i wanna buy something from her.

are u gonna get them both? considering the price point chanel is 57 and lm is 55. hahaha which do u like better of the 2?

GRRRRRRRRRRR~~ I DON'T KNOW!!! T.T I WANNA GET BOTH!!! T.T

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More