Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dear Foundation Diary – Lancome Teint Miracle meets the Trash Can!!

Overview:

Oh my gosh!! I can’t even BEGIN to describe HOW BAD this foundation is….on me that is…

I heard a lot of good reviews of the product saying that it gave a natural finish, but on me…it just looked….DISGUSTING!!! O.O (pardon the poor choice of words, but that was the only one that fitted to describe how I felt…)

DSC03076From a distance, everything seems nice, it’s smooth on the skin and it’s glowy. It provides a good coverage yaddy yaddy yadda…

But don’t be deceived!!!!

The foundation looked HORRIBLE when I applied it!! It refused to spread evenly, and it was runny and thin!!! It felt powdery to the touch and only had a low to medium coverage!!!

The shimmer in the foundation was SO NOTICEABLE it nearly drove me INSANE when I was doing my makeup this morning!! The worse part was that the shimmer made my whole face look MUDDY!!! It accentuated my pores, settled into my smile lines and just clumped together and made the whole look very “dirty”!!!!

 

this was 8 hours after application:

DSC03077 

Again, if you don’t look closely it doesn’t look too bad…but take a look at this:

 

DSC03078

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

This foundation was beyond UNBEARABLE to me!!! It COMPLETELY dried my skin up!! (and I was looking for a hydrating foundation,) it broke me out, AND it caked and creased on me like there’s no tomorrow!!! (not to mention the extremely noticeable smile line under my eyes!!)

It felt powdery on my face and it was just GROSSSSSS!!!!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Did I Use?

1) Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream as base
2) Lancome Teint Miracle in Ivory
3) MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
4) Blush and highlighter

NOTE:

AGAIN! I had to use MAC studio fix to correct everything before I was able to get out the door!! This time I had to cake on a full layer to get the same results that I got from my other foundations!!

This foundation also made me blot a LOT earlier in the day!! (right around 4 hours into wear I had to blot!! O.O)

*pictures taken 8 hours after application with 1 blot and no touch up*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ratings~!

 

Staying Power – ❤❤❤
Coverage –
Hydration –
Price Range –

Overall –

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I DEFINITELY won't be purchasing this!! I am really disappointed because I had high hopes in Lancome. The reputation of the brand has always been great and it's just sad to see this fail on me this much…><

 

That's it for Teint Miracle and me…=(

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Nice blog! I just ordered the skin79 BB cream, excited to try it!

It's a very good BB cream for right now!! pretty light weight and moisturizing!! good luck with it! =)

I think the problem is that you used the foundation on top of the BB cream. The foundation can simply be used alone. And with powder, of course it is going to look cakey. Try using the foundation alone.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More