Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

KATY PERRY ROCKS!!! OPI Black Shatter & Teenage Dream – Also a tiny haul…

The hype of this…Week….I think was the OPI collaboration with Katy Perry, and especially the Black Shatter nail polish!

I wasn’t half as excited about the collection, but I was pulled by dear Sam to go HUNT it down.

BUT when I saw how they paired the Shatter nail polish with Teenage Dream, that was what broke down that wall I had around the idea of not getting it, and the shopaholic instinct sort of took over from there.

So here are some pictures:

So here’s the story:

Teenage dream is a rosy-burgundy pink with lots of glitter and shimmer in it! I usually really hate anything that’s not matted out, but somehow this colour, or it might just be because it was paired with Shatter, looked really nice!!!

Black Shatter is basically a thick matte black nail polish, but when it dries, the formula kind of “shrinks” and pulls apart, like how wine does when it sticks to the surface of a wine glass, and creates streaks like that.

I had, and I think still am having, a hard time working and getting the right control when I’m applying Shatter; if you apply too much, the effect doesn’t show up much but if you don’t have enough polish on the brush, it dries REALLY quickly and by the time you bring the brush to your nail, it’s already dried out too much to work with. It took me a COUPLE of tries beforehand to get, sort of, the right amount of polish on the brush and apply it properly.

This is what I did:

DSC02324

I just simply copied whatever they did with the demos in the store that we bought the polish from. A layer of Teenage Dream with a layer of Shatter on top…although mine is probably like 5 layers thick because I had a base coat of nail strengthener, then 2 layers of Teenage Dream, then a layer of Shatter and like 3 more layers of a clear top coat…>< lol!

The pros with these polishes are that they dry REALLY quickly (which could be a good thing or a bad thing like I mentioned,) and the colour payoff and everything is really good, likewise with all other OPI polishes. (I’m just really glade that they didn’t sacrifice their product quality for the special effect!) They are also very easy to remove, which I find with a lot of glitter polishes, that’s not the case; all other polishes seem like they used glue or something to literally glue glitter to your nails…><

The con is that I think Shatter’s formula is WAYYYY too thick for me, and I would’ve liked a little more explanation about how to apply the polish rather than just like a one sentence thing: “Apply one coat of Black Shatter over any completely dry Katy shade for an irresistible ‘shattered’ look.”

Other than that I’m VERY happy with the results, and I think the match between the two polishes are GORGEOUS!!

 

 

 

Also wanted to show you all 2 things that I bought:

1) Victoria’s Secrets’ lip liner in Ginger Spice – very pretty nude lip liner, it’s a good match for my Cherish lipstick if you want sort of an idea with the shade of the pencil. It’s EXTREMELY creamy but it ABSOLUTELY won’t budge from my lips…the quality is rather amazing for the price of $10

DSC02334

2) Philosophy’s micro-exfoliating  wash – I got a sample of this to try out before I bought it and I must say I really enjoy using this! The scrubbing beads are very tiny, and therefore the result is that you would get a very smooth scrub but it doesn’t hurt your skin or damage it like some of the bigger beads do…at least for me~

 

 

So that’s is all…will have more posts coming up!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Thanks for reading~

p.s…..my, again, failed attempts at trying to very Asian styled…><

DSC02322 DSC02317 DSC02319

3 comments:

so pretty!!! u should post a pic with make-up as background!
i'm jealous of ur haulss~~ rich girl :P
dammit now that my lashes all fell i'm scared to even use eyeliner :(

lol!! not rich, just save money on food and stuff to spend on makeup and stuff...xD lol~~ it's retarded...

Wow, I love the nails! ^_^

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More