Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Japan Crisis?? Radiation and effects on beauty community~?!~ O.O

 

I don’t think many of us here in North America can feel the side effects of the Japanese earth quake yet…but I’ve already encountered some problems of my own that I think may affect the beauty community quite a bit…

I don’t know about other people, but being an Asian, I must say that I keep going back to Asian brands…Some how, I just feel like that they tend to work a little bit better, and that might just be because they were made specific to Asians and they target certain issues differently than European or American Brands.

I have certain items that I think I CANNOT live without, so with the whole radiation issue, I’m beginning to be REALLY reluctant when it comes to purchasing Japanese made products!

I never realized this, until my dad mentioned that maybe we should be careful when purchasing Japanese products, and my mom blurted out: OH YOUR JAPANESE SHAMPOO!

Anyway…the following 2 items are things that I don’t think I can live without and CANNOT find an alternative that lives up to its standards!! I’m probably going to go out this weekend and stock up on these items that were produced before March and hope that I can still find them!! ><

1) SANA Soy Milk Cleansing Milk

 

THIS STUFF IS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! It is basically a milky light textured makeup removing lotion that you rub ALL over your face, and it will take away EVERYTHING on your face!!! O.O I mean absolutely EVERYTHING!! It’s NOT oily or greasy, and it leaves your face feeling SOOOO SOFT afterwards!! I use this to remove all my face makeup on a daily basis and I have NO idea what I’m gonna do when I finish my backup bottle!! O.O -------> MUST GO STOCK UP ON THIS!!!

 

2) Any type of Japanese mascara!!!!!

 

I have tried almost EVERY single type of waterproof drugstore mascara out there on the North American Market and there will NEVER be anything that will outcompete Japanese mascaras!!!! The technology involved in making these just makes the BIGGEST differences to how they perform…Japanese mascaras will NEVER BUDGE on my eyes, regardless the situation (mind you I’ve worn this when I cried for 3 hours straight and I’ve worn it to a water park,) and I’ve not gotten a SINGLE smudge!!! They make my lashes SOOO long!! and I love the fact that they’re packing FIBRES on to your lashes to make them long, and by doing this, it avoids the clumping of thick mascara coatings that you get from western mascaras!!!!!! I’m planning to go all out and STOCK UP!!!

 

There are a couple more Japanese products that I’m using at the moment, but I already have some items in mind that I think may be able to replace those when I run out…but THESE….they are just things that, over the years, I’ve tried so many others, and NOTHING could live up to the standards that was set by these products!!

 

I know I’m probably worrying quite a bit too much for the time being, considering that all exports from Japan are closely monitored…but these are things that are basically soaking into your skin and sticking around your eyes…which are all major organs of the body and is constantly entering your system ---- they can be severely damaged if radiation was detected!!! so being a physiology and biology major, it’s INSTINCTIVE for me to think about the long term affects on a person’s health and well being, and I just feel like it’s not worth it to sacrifice my health for beauty…O.O

 

I just want to throw this out there and make people aware of the situation, and be able to make better judgements in a circumstance like this one!!

 

Plus, if you live in Toronto, you probably know that a lot of the Asian stuff you get are from sources like Pacific mall, where they are not legit importing stores that are selling these products, but rather individuals that may have some way of bringing these products into the country to sell…which makes it hard to track where they got their things from, and whether it’s been properly tested for quality and in this case safety of use…

 

Anyway, let me know what you think!! or if you have any suggestions for replacements for these products!!

 

Thanks for reading!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More