Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I am disappointed in Clinique…

I started out with Clinique last summer when I was looking for a LIGHT liquid-y moisturizer that was able to give me a good hydration without the stuffy feeling of a heavy cream…which I hate.

I tried at least 5 different moisturizers, of which ALL caused allergic reactions on my face, before turning to Clinique. I knew that Clinique was known for their laboratory tested products that reduced the chances of allergies, and so I went and was hoping to find something that would FINALLY work for my skin.

I got to the counter and picked up a random bottle of moisturizer that I saw sitting there…and it was the infamous DDSM…in the GEL formula.

I INSTANTLY fell in looooove with the texture of the moisturizer, and after the consultation with the counter’s makeup artist, I decided that this was going to work for me!

and it really DID!! All summer long, not only was my face hydrated by the moisturizer, it also improved the TEXTURE of my skin, and reduced the excess oil production on my face due to the lack of hydration. I swore by the DDSM gel, and brought it with me where ever I went.

However, the problem being, that whenever I do the 3-step quiz online on the Clinique website, it always told me that I was type 2 skin (dry combination skin) and that I should use the DDSM LOTION instead of the gel formula.

I’ve tried the lotion formula on the back of my hands before, and I didn’t really like it. It felt like any other heavy moisturizer that claimed to increase hydration, and I just hated the thick feeling.

When I decided to pick up a travel tube over the past winter, I went for the LOTION formula. I thought I’d give it a try, and since it was winter and I needed extra hydration, there was nothing for me to loose….BOY WAS I EVER WRONG…

The lotion formula was indeed thick and greasy for me. It made my face feel stuffy, and it basically did nothing more compared to the GEL formula for my skin, although it does always end up making my face a little bit more oilier than usual.

The lotion basically just settles on my skin, whereas the GEL formula actually gets SUCKED-UP by my skin the instant that I apply it.

There was the BIGGEST difference that I felt switching over to the lotion from the gel and I cannot wait to make the switch BACK!

J}{U18S_E7NAV3L%[}~K9BU

 

Although the Clinique website may give you an overview of what your skin type may be, I would still recommend and encourage anyone that’s planning to try their products, to go to the counter and consult one of the skincare representatives!! Be sure to tell them what your preferences are when it comes to the texture and consistency of your skin care products! You’d be surprised how your AFFINITY towards the product and your mindset can change the result of your skin care routine! =)

Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More