Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Inspirations and Update

No blog post tonight..=( gotta wash allll my makeup brushes since they've been just sitting with bacteria loading on them for the past 2 months...=S I know. Disgusting!

But I just wanted to share a little...actually a HUGE inspiration that I found:


Nic and Sam from Pixiwoo are probably the biggest inspirations that I have on Youtube and the beauty community online!

I find that their style of makeup is so simple and elegant. It's delicate yet still still very high fashion! I really like the way that they're so careful with the application process, and they such a wonderful job of explaining everything!

The video that I'm sharing is a look that Nic did as inspired by Amber Heard's makeup for Chanel promotion. The reason why I loveee this look so much is the use of a pink/coral/orange tint over the eyelid. I have to say, this COMPLETELY changed my mindset on warmer coloured eyeshadow!! I absolute hate to work with them. I think they make you look swollen, and it's just not very flattering. However, the way that the makeup was done, I made her look so fresh faced and the makeup looks very light! It's overall very young and lively looking and I just love the whole colour combination and ESPECIALLY the faded wing of the eyeliner -- I thought that was just BRILLIANT!

I know they used a lot of Chanel products in the video, but the theory behind it still holds very true.

I hope you all will like the look, and be sure to check out their other videos too; I'm sure you'll fall in love with it the same way I did!

Have a good night everyone!

Love,
Helen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More