Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

SKIN79 Hot Pink Super+ BB Cream - Initial Review

Untitled

If you've not already heard of BB Creams, just Youtube it, and I'm sure TONES of hits will come up.

I've always wanted to try BB creams, but never got to. Partly because one of my friends back in high school told me that I wouldn't exactly like it, because I've been using foundation and concealer before that, and she said that I would think BB cream didn't give much coverage or effect and would be a waste of money. So I backed down and kinda gave up on the idea of trying a BB Cream.

2 Years later, here I am, reviewing a BB Cream. I've continously been hearing about how wonderful BB Creams are, and it just SUCKED for me to not know what everyone's been raving about. So I decided that I was gonna try it anyway, even if it did turn out horribly, and even if I had to waste my money on it, so be it.

However, I received the BB Cream over the past weekend from my best friend as a birthday present (it was the one that I've always wanted,) and I was soooo excited to try it out!

The first time that I used it, I just put it over my moisturizer and left it alone. At the end of the day when I took it off, I noticed that my skin kinda started to break out. I've always been afraid of this coming from BB creams, because I have SUPER sensitive skin, and I usually break out when sun proteting ingredients is mixed with skin care ingredients (typical of BB creams).

But fundamental knowledges of makeup told me that I should use it for at least 2 weeks before I fail it since your skin needs to adapt to the product first. As a precaution though, the second time that I used it I did apply a primer underneath it just so that I would have at least some protection on my skin, and this time it was a LOT better!! But I wasn't completely satisfied with the application, because I thought it really didn't give much coverage!! At most, it was probably like a good sunscreen on my face, and maybe it would whiten my skin and that's it.

But, I didn't stop there. I continued using it, and today's been maybe the 4th or 5th time of using it, and I'm really starting to like it! First of all it's DEFINITELY lighter than a foundation on my skin! My skin doesn't oil up as much through out the day, because it can breath through this stuff.

I know a lot of people complain about BB creams not having shade selections, and therefore you never get the correct shade that matches your skin. One thing that most people need to realize about BB creams is that they change colour over time! They will warm up to the surface of your skin, and the longer they are exposed to the air, the more colour it will develop - usually they'll end up being a lot more yellow than when they come out of the bottle. Because BB creams were developed in Asia, they are more concerned with the shade ranges of Asians, and usually if you are anywhere between NC20-NC30 a typicall BB cream will work more or less well on you.

As BB cream gets more popular in North America, there are now a few more different option for people with skin tones that are lighter or darker, but these products are usually harder to find. BB creams are not meant to give really full coverages! They are more for balancing out your skin and protecting it than anything else. So when they change colour, they will blend in with your natural skin colour, and even if there is a slight mismatch in terms of shades it's mostly unnoticed.

Because My main problem has always been dicolouration on my face (it drives me insannnnne!!) the BB Cream works REALLY well for me. Foundation tends offer a lot more coverage, BUT I feel like the pigmentation is overqualified for the job of just balancing out colour on my face...and BB Cream does that perfectly!!

As I become more skilled with BB Cream and how to apply it properly, I can now control how much coverage I actually want, and I can manipulate it enough so that it can act as sort of a camouflage for my blemishes! =D

This obviously is an initial review, because I haven't really used it a lot yet, but I can sort of already say that BB Cream would replace my daily go to at the moment which is my MAC studio fix powder foundation.

I will go into some more detail abou the SKIN79 brand, and why I chose this particular BB cream in a later review. I will also let you know what I think of the BB cream later on after more prolonged use of it.

If you're interested in knowing more please check the source link below, which is the SKIN79 English site.
(I'm not paid or affiliated with them or anything)

Let me know your thoughts on this BB Cream! =)

Thanks for reading this REALLY long post!

SKIN79: http://www.skin79.ca/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=86&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More