Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Need to go on a diet...officially...

Every since that summer about 3 years ago when i lost 30lbs, losing weight was never a serious goal for me anymore...I started being able to maintain my weight better and was able to eat more freely than during the process of lossing the pounds.

Through these last 3 years, I've constantly been saying: "I need to go on a diet, I need to lose weight," but would start eating within an hour of saying it...-.-!!

Especially since my boyfriend and I got together about a year and a half ago...most of our times spent together were on hunts for better restaurants and tastier food...and since life has not put anymore pressure on me (read: pressure of looking better to gain more attention...) I never really took myself seriously and followed through with my plan.

Recently, one of my good friend just came back from a long vacation in China, and while we were out just hanging out and chatting, she slightly mentioned the fact that I lost a little bit of weight in the summer and I look better. Not only that...I've had a couple of people compliment me on my appearance after a summer away from each other, and some of them have even mentioned the fact that I seemed to have more confidence in myself.

I did not take these compliments lightly, and have seriously thought about this whole dieting issue.

I know losing the first 30lbs really changed me 3 years ago, I am definitely a COMPLETELY different person from who I was then.

Some of my friend have been desperately losing body fat in the past year or two, through various ways from not eating, to excercising, and even pills and things that are designed to help lose "weight"

I've seen how most of them look: grey, dead, and very unhealthy....and that's exactly part of the reason why I think I stopped dieting....because:
1) It takes a LOT of energy away from you...energy that you need to function well on a daily basis (like energy required for you to focus and study...which is def. one of my MAIN goals)
2) It takes a LOT of time away from your daily routine...because so much time is wasted trying to disciplin yourself not to eat...
3) A lot of the time, we don't know what is the proper way to lose weight..and neither do we know if the weight we're losing is a benefit to our health...

I know for a fact that after my first 30lbs, I was really unhealthy compared to what I was before, and my parents were very worried that I would be sick...

So this time around...I'm not going to do that to myself...

I will mainly focus on exercise and eating habits this time when i try to lose weight..and it will be as follows:

For the 1st month...
1) I will eat breakfast...and there will be no limitations to what I eat in the moring..as the food gets used up efficiently

2) I will be allowed to eat Carbs and meat at lunch, but will portion myself to how much I eat.

3) I will only be allowed to eat vegies and fish at dinner...and there will be no carbs involved..

4) I will keep low on SODIUM...(excess salt causes fluid accumulation and disturbs metabolism)

5) I will drink at least 8 cups of water everyday to help maintain good mtabolism in the body (I am a VERY dehydrated individual...-.-)

6) I will be consistant in excercising everyday..which includes: allocating 1.5 hrs each day for walking (very good way to burn calories,) and will do a set of 30 crunches everyday

7) There will be no sitting within 3o min after every meal to allow better digestion and to prevent the accumulation of fat...

8) I will eat lot of fruits and vegies to help with digestion (lot of fibers help you burn calories while digesting)

I will monitor myself daily, and will tabulate the results at the end of the month.

This plan will be effective as of August 18th, 2o1o and will end on September 19th, 2010...

Hope I will be able to see results =)

That's it for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More